MasterTech Plumbing, Heating and Cooling is seeking someone special to join our team of Master Technicians & Mighty Nice People. If you are mechanically inclined, enjoy helping people, have limited/minimal experience in the trades and looking for a career opportunity, and sincerely want to be part of a team effort to serve our friends & neighbors throughout mid-Missouri, then we would like to hear from you. Candidates with NATE and/or EPA certifications are encouraged to apply.
Master Technicians & Mighty Nice People is more than a tagline. It’s our culture and we’re excited about finding the right person to join our team. This is a different kind of place. We have a proven success system and we'll provide you all the support you need to become a star. You must put in the effort, but we'll show you the path to achieve your dreams. We're seeking people who are humble, hungry, and smart.
You'll enjoy steady work, a work environment that encourages you to do things the right way rather than rushing through a job just to get to the next one, and being part of a truly talented team where you will learn from the best in the business. We believe in creating WIN-win-win situations where the customer is always well-served, the company earns a long-term repeat customer, and the technician is handsomely rewarded.
We have a significant customer base who pay to have their HVAC and Plumbing systems maintained and inspected by MasterTech multiple times per year. Your number one priority will be to ensure their systems are operating safely so these valued customers are protected. You'll be provided training on how to inspect, clean, and/or maintain these systems, and refer repair or replacement work to a service technician.
You will also learn to install new HVAC systems and equipment. You'll work along-side a lead installer (and can grow into this role as your skills warrant), to expertly & efficiently install heating & cooling systems in homes throughout mid-Missouri.
Additionally, as your skills are developed, you will learn to do repairs & service work on both HVAC and Plumbing systems.
Skills/Traits Needed to be Successful in this Position include:
- Leadership Ability – We describe leadership as looking out for the best interest of everyone else: co-workers, customers, the company, and the industry. In order to be successful, you must care about others and be willing to do what’s right even when it’s uncomfortable or challenging.
- Detail-Oriented – Small things make all the difference, so you must be willing to take responsibility for getting things done right each and every time. Think like Santa Claus…Make a list and check it twice!
- High Character – You’ll have a lot of freedom & responsibility in this position so it’s critical to take the initiative and do things without being told. We hire humble, hungry and smart people so we don’t have to manage their every movement.
- Mechanically Inclined - This is a step up from an entry level position. You should understand general construction principles, preferably have a little HVAC and/or Plumbing experience or knowledge, and already possess some hand tools. As you grow into the role, you will be expected to invest in more advanced tools and MasterTech offers a matching tool fund to help you acquire them.
We will conduct a criminal & credit background check and send you for a drug screening. Please understand a conviction for driving under the influence/while intoxicated or any violent crimes will disqualify you from consideration.
If you believe in hard work, having fun, being a part of a team and serving others in exchange for a rewarding career that pays extremely well, then we want to talk to you ASAP. The anticipated starting pay rate for this opportunity is up to $16 per hour (PLUS additional GENEROUS incentives) with benefits including: health/vision/dental insurance, 8 paid holidays, vacation time, 401K w/match, career/skills building educational opportunities (paid for by MasterTech), tool fund match, cell phone allowance, snazzy uniforms, and a real career opportunity. An exceptionally qualified candidate might earn more than the anticipated pay rate.
- CLICK on the APPLY NOW button to the right of this description (preferred)
- EMAIL to email@example.com
- MAIL to Human Resources, MasterTech Plumbing, 5150 Interstate 70 Dr SW, Columbia, MO 65203
- OR drop off the application at our office!
If this sounds like the kind of team you’d like to join and you believe you belong on a championship level roster, then apply today!