How Do Sewer Lines Get Clogged
The lucky ones among us will never have to deal with a clogged sewer line cleaning. It is one of those plumbing problems, which requires immediate attention. This could do serious damage to your Columbia house as a blocked sewer line will push the sewage back up out of the drains. A sewer line can get clogged due to number of reasons.
- Obstructions in sewer lines can be caused by tree roots. Drains are a source of water and nutrients for trees and hence their roots find their way into the sewer pipes. With time their roots collect the debris thereby further clogging the sewer pipes. As the trees continue to grow and as their roots grow stronger, the severe the sewer clogging situation can get.
- The wear and tear in the pipes inside the sewers can also lead to clogging problems.
What you put in is what you get out
- Solid objects like tissues and papers and female hygiene products can cause blocks that can require sewer line cleaning.
- Also toilet paper made of thicker material is not good for the drains. If toilet paper is used in a large quantity at one time and flushed down the toilet, there is a chance of it clogging the drain.
- Solid food particles and fatty stuff down the kitchen drain can also in the long run cause blockages in a sewer line.
- Toys when flushed down the toilet by curious kids or anything that falls into it by mistake are all things that can cause a sewer drain to choke up.